APPLICATION: ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
The Assistant Controller is responsible for the preparation of the ledger accounts, ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded per the ASPE. They will assist the Controller in overseeing the accounting team, preparing and analyzing financial reports, and reviewing best practices to improve the company’s financial reporting.
Our great benefits package includes a competitive compensation plan, full health benefits, and RRSP matching.
- Oversee the Accounting Team to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of information being recorded
- Facilitation and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, including a review of key performance indicators for senior management
- Analysis of current financial statements vs. prior years’ and budgets
- Review, analyze, and report Sales and Use Tax remittance for both Canada and US
- Assist with compliance of the company’s banking covenants
- Support with adherence to Canadian and US tax regulations
- Collaboration with other members of the accounting team to review financial information and forecasts
- Assist with internal control processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Conduct internal audits with the Controller