APPLICATION: SWITCHBOARD/SWITCHGEAR DESIGNER
Power Bus Way Ltd. is a manufacturer of electrical power distribution equipment, located in Mississauga. We are a team-oriented company with an entrepreneurial spirit, focused on providing quality products with excellent service. When you come to our facility, you’ll find a great group of people ready to innovate, design and produce the best and most innovative electrical feeder equipment out there.
We are looking for a designer with Switchboard and Switchgear design experience who can apply their design knowledge and communicate with the team to ensure project attainments. This role will require continuous interaction with all project team members and will be responsible for identifying, planning, and implementing various scopes of work.
Our great benefits package includes a competitive compensation plan, full health benefits, and RRSP matching.
Hours of work: Mon-Thurs 8am – 5pm, Fri 8am-12pm
- Interpret electrical/mechanical design drawings and specifications
- Design and develop 3D models of low & medium voltage switchboards & switchgears
- Understand the applicable CSA/UL standards
- Create/modify 2D & 3D drawing sets
- Work with 3D scans and point cloud models
- Ensure standard design and drawing procedures are followed
- Prepare component manufacturing drawings for production
- Prepare installation manuals and arrangement drawings
- Provide manufacturing and assembly input
- Provide input to the design of product prototypes and final product designs
- Perform additional duties as required
- Occasional travel to job site locations